Sunday, September 16, 2012

I went on a nice ride Saturday. I took my mountain bike to some trails outside of cincy. It was my first ride at the park and my first MTB ride post mohican, cross is in full swing. I now have a Hopey steer damper on my Diamond back XR8. The first time out I ended up in the ER. Second time out was a ten hour stroll at Mohican. I wasn't that impressed due to having some big spills. My opinion changed Saturday at Harbin Park. I went with a friend breaking in her new MTB. I twisted the damper to the maximum stabilization position. There is a dial on the dampener that allows for adjustment from free to max. The trails were twisty and flow well. With minimal technical features it was a nice place to focus on the Hopey. I noticed my increased stability when I grabbed my hydration mouth piece and started to drink while riding down the trail. It was also effective when ride a rutted down hill section. I went slow trough a down hill section with loose sand a gravel that would, in the past, given me problems. I think the more I ride with it the more I will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment